A professional organizer works with you to help you organize your time and tasks, your workspace or living space, your papers, and financial records. You share your organizing goals with the organizer and work together to make them reality. The result is reduced stress and more time to do what you truly want. With that demanding agenda before you, you have the right to expect the following:
1. To feel comfortable with your organizer. Professional organizers set up criteria for the kind of client with whom they will work. Similarly, you have a right to work with someone whose approach and personality allow you to participate fully and comfortably.
2. To have your goals and concerns treated with respect, with no value judgments made by your organizer.
3. To have every piece of information you share with your organizer treated with confidentiality. This is vital since you may be sharing personal, private information.
4. To openly discuss the cost of services.
5. To receive physical assistance, as well as verbal instruction. Without help in obtaining the appropriate products or accomplishing particular strategies, the organizing plan may never be more than a good intention.
6. Know you can trust the expertise and experience of your organizer. The professional organizer should be able to apply the principles of organization to any profession.
7. To have a plan that takes into account the uniqueness of your individual situation.
8. To receive clear explanations for all recommendations and thorough answers to all your questions.
To get the most out of your appointment, you will need to work conscientiously with your professional organizing consultant, giving honest feedback in regard to the work being performed and the proposed recommendations. You must be prepared to discuss your personal feeling and concerns and to be as clear as possible about your end objectives of the organizing process.
Not all professional organizing consultants provide the same services so keep looking until you find the one that suits your needs and your personality. Together with the appropriate organizing consultant, you can make your dreams come true.
Return to Top